Tuesday, July 18, 2017

The Real Me

Dear Friends and Readers,  today's post is going to be personal and serious.  For some time now, I've been pondering the serious and secret thoughts in the inner me.  It took a while but I've decided I would like to share these thoughts with you.

I'm going to turn seventy this year.  I remember when I thought seventy was beyond ancient.  I thought forty was old.  Then I turned forty; fifty; sixty.  And now seventy looms before me.  Where did time go and why so fast?  My body surely feels the aging but my mind doesn't exactly.  Do you know what I mean?  It's as if we age outwardly but the inside just holds.

With the aging of my body, I'm finding it difficult to perform certain things that once were taken for granted.  Example:  my hands are arthritic and they hurt when I use them to do anything.  For that reason, I'm thinking it's time to give up most of my hobbies like quilting, embroidering, and possibly crocheting and knitting, if I don't find a pain medication to give me the relief I need.  I've had a consultation with a rheumatologist and had X-rays.  The arthritis is permanent and not going away.  He's going to give me trials of meds to see if I get the pain relief.  Even handwriting is painful.

I have stacks of fabric that will be unused and I'd like to liquidate it along with some other supplies that I doubt that I will have use for in the future.  I don't like selling on eBay so I'm going to attempt to sell on my Facebook page probably.  Whatever.  It's not as much about the money as just moving it on to someone else who would like to own it.

This next part of my post is the more personal part.  I wish to write a short testimony of my faith.

I was raised in a family that attended church so I heard about God and Jesus from a very young age.  Over the years I've attended various churches, hearing similar and/or different points of view of Catholic and Protestant doctrines.

For many years I considered myself a Christian and would have answered yes to anyone who had asked me if I was one.  But, I was deceived.  Four years ago circumstances in my life gave me time and reasons to ponder my faith, my so-called Christianity.  And, for the first time in my life, I saw my sin, and my lost condition, and for the first time in my life I repented.  I was truly saved on a day in March of 2013.  I looked at my past, my sins, and admitted what a selfish, wretched, vile sinner I had been all my life. I asked for forgiveness and I became a new creation by the grace of God through Jesus Christ's life, death, and resurrection.  His sacrifice paid my sin debt that I could ever pay, or earn, or deserve.  I was redeemed.

From that day forward, my life has never been the same.  I was given a regenerated heart and I am a changed person.  No old me anymore -- I'm a new me.  On the outside there was no change.  I still look the same as I did.  The change is internal, in my soul.  I would never ever return to the old me.  Now, don't think I'm implying that I'm now sinless or perfect or anything like that, for that's impossible.  But I do know the Savior and have been forgiven and I can find truth in the word of God, the Bible.

I'm sharing this to also explain that my heart is not in blogging or in quilting or any other thing.  My posts up to now have been mostly lame, uninteresting little tidbits.  I'm unsure if I will continue my attempts at blogging as I really don't have much to share.  I'll give it some time to see if I will hang around or just leave quietly.

Thank you for being a reader and a blog-friend.  I appreciate the comments and visits you've made in the past.  I wish you a blessed day!

5 comments:

  1. Well it will be sad to see you leave blogging but that is life, ever changing and full of adventure. Good luck on your new adventure! I'd love to follow you on facebook but I couldn't find you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this nice comment. I may stick around if I can come up with some posting ideas. I sent you a private message how to find me on Facebook. Thanks! Connie

      Delete
  2. I am hoping you will find relief from a good medication. I, too, have arthritis and it is painful. I am blessed that I am still able to work and do my hobbies such as quilting, crocheting, etc., although it is more painful than in the past. Try not to give it all up as I think your hobbies help keep you young and vibrant. I enjoy reading your blog and have for years. Hang in there like a hair in a biscuit. God is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anonymous, Thank you for your kind words. I will remember to be cautious as I make decisions about the hobbies I surrender or maintain. It's not that my desire is to quit but it depends on ability. My arthritis has reached the stage where the pain is chronic and is forcing me to set aside things that I enjoyed simply because it's too painful. I have other things that interest me and will fill the void so I am fine with whatever comes. I appreciate your comment so much and thank you for being one of my readers. Blessings xo

      Delete
  3. I can relate to much of this. I want you to know that what you share here is of value and I appreciate the line of communication. It's nice to chat with you and to see what you are up to. I haven't given anything creative up yet, those things that you are contemplating. I have good days that allow me to do more and I take advantage of those times. It's okay to keep your sewing and crafting supplies. Why not? It's there ready and waiting in your nicely arranged creative spaces. I know from personal experience that pain (especially random fibromyalgia pain) breeds negative thinking and can be the root of depression that makes us feel there is no hope, that all is lost. I attended a yoga class that was geared toward people with various stages of arthritis...was the best thing I did for myself. I learned from my classmates and the yoga instructor that there are ways to manage and to be more comfortable. The class was sponsored by the National Arthritis Foundation and was a nice social outing that I enjoyed. Lots of laughing along with the gentle yoga exercises. How about you email me? We can chat. I'd like that. Bye for now. Don't sell the farm just yet! Lol.

    ReplyDelete