Thursday, June 1, 2017

Siggy Blocks Now Ready For QAYG

Happy June 1st!  Already?  Time is moving along quickly!

Finally, a quilting related post.  I have some show & tell.

During the Sisters' Retreat last month, I kept busy sewing away on these blocks with the quilting.


 Here are few samples of fronts and backs.
This is just a representation as there are several different backings.

To turn them into a quilt I will be using the QAYG, or quilt as you go, method.

I've watched some You Tube videos so I understand how to do it but haven't yet done it.

I should have, could have, quilted the top on my longarm while I had it but didn't.

I considered sending it out to a longarm quilter but decided not to.

The reason I never quilted it was because I didn't know what I wanted.  Sigh.

Anyway, I've come this far so no backing out now.

* * * * * * *
Today I'm having a thyroid ultrasound done to check out a nodule.  It's been checked before and biopsied but my new doctor wants it checked out again to keep an eye on it.

My appointment with her went fine.  She believes my hot flashes are a side effect of one of my fibromyalgia medications.  Re the curly hair, she said that hair changes as we age and she was non-specific about it.  She remarked that she hears common complaints about hair loss though.  So the hair mystery continues.  Actually, I'm happy to have hair and with the curls I do have a quick hairdo if I'm not mentally ready to deal with the hair dryers, brushes, and irons.  Grin.

* * * * * * *
Most of the sorting and purging of STUFF has been completed.  I climbed into the attic and pulled out a few things to get rid of or sort for storage.  The last of the boxes of give aways was taken by my son a few days ago.  I still have an antique oak dresser in the garage that is going out.  It was spoken for by another son but am waiting for a final answer on that one.  A few storage closets could use some rearranging maybe but it's not critical as they're not messy.  Nothing in them to toss but maybe to reorganize better.  I've done a bit more reorganizing of my fabrics.  At least I know where everything is and can easily retrieve it.  I also cleaned the garage and it's in better condition!  Yay!

* * * * * * *
Thanks for your visits and your comments.  They are always appreciated!
I enjoy making new blog friends and hearing from both new and old.

I also appreciate that my blog is gaining new readers.  That has been a very slow process.

Have a wonderful day and be safe!

connie
xo

3 comments:

  1. Blocks look so pretty--you have a whole lot of them..I just finished a QAYG --my big Dresdan blocks and the connector strips...love the process...and the seams pressed open are not all that bulky...I wish my hair would go BACK to being curly (when I was little my Mom used to joke that she would just have to place a rattail comb in my locks and they would curl around it Hahahaha...
    Now it's just a little wavey in spots--i guess we're never happy with our own hair type.
    Hugs, glad your issue was resolved...Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks look wonderful! I've not done a QAYG, so will be watching your progress. I'm sure you'll do a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have some siggy blocks from YEARS ago that I haven't touched! I actually might have a block from you in that group...not sure! Maybe now that i have my long-awaited sewing room, lots of projects will get finished. i hope yours turn out great!

    ReplyDelete