Saturday, May 27, 2017

Straight Hair Turned Curly - Honest!

Happy Memorial weekend to you.  Here at Chez-Cootie Bug we will be just hanging out.  Tonight we're  grilling steaks for dinner, and, as I write, John is keeping watch on them.  I've already set the table and the side dishes are prepared.

This morning I scrubbed the patio table and chairs.  
I gave the grill a few swipes on the exterior while I was at it.

I have a question that I hope someone might be able to answer:

taken a few hours ago:

This one was taken 20 or so years ago, give or take a few years:

My question:

My almost-straight hair that I used to have has turned curly in the past 1-2 years.  I don't have a permanent and I don't use anything to curl it.

I wore my signature bob all these years until the curls took over.

Anyone want to suggest a possible reason why this has happened?  
I'm guessing that age and hormones play a part, perhaps.

John isn't fond of the curls, by the way.  Most of the time I don't mess with styling it except when I want to take the extra time.  I usually just towel dry it, add a bit of moisturizer to control static electricity, and semi-dry with a blow dryer to relax the curl somewhat.  Never, ever, does it relax.  I suppose a flatiron would straighten it but with the layers I don't think it would look good at this time.

I'm letting it grow temporarily, after cropping it very short last fall one Saturday night.  I hadn't done that in years and years, but I wasn't liking my hair at all and I had a sudden urge to chop it off, which I did.  It was very short.

That's all for now.  
Will be back, of course!
xo xo xo

3 comments:

  1. A BBQ sounds very nice. I have no insights about your hair....very interesting though x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whilst there is no scientific explanation, it is thought to be caused by hormone changes. Certainly the texture of your hair strands would look different under a microscope than they would have done in your 20s. It doesn't happen to everybody. In some cases it indicates a medical condition. I had dead straight hair as a child and longed for curlier hair. Now I have some shape depending on how it's cut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've noticed a trend toward curly hair here too. A curly bob would be cute. Hubs will learn to like the new you. Maybe he associates the curls with little old lady hair, lol. Just get a good cut and let nature have its way. :) Good luck.

    ReplyDelete