Monday, May 29, 2017

Declaring War On Weight Gain

Hi, Peeps!  
Happy Memorial Day!

This is a low key day for us.  I'm doing a bit of laundry and John sprayed weeds before watching some Cardinal baseball on TV.  I've been watching with him.

Two weeks ago I made up my mind to take control of my eating as I'm overweight and I'm ready to face up to it and do something about it.  

I made two lists:  the "YES" foods and the "NO" foods and they are on the side of the fridge as reminders.  

Then, from the YES list I made a grocery shopping list and stuck to it.  Since that time, I have remained faithful and have begun to lose weight.  Since I like everything that is on my list, I'm eating things that I enjoy and it's not a burden.  I don't stray from the list, as I eat when I get hungry (and only then, no snacking due to boredom, etc.), and I eat enough to feel satisfied, without needing to overeat.  This has been the easiest diet that I've ever undertaken.

For my mid-day late lunch today, I made a salad with romaine lettuce and added these:
strawberries, blueberries, pear, grape tomatoes, a sprinkling of finely shredded Parmesan, pecan pieces, and a light dressing drizzled over the salad, then tossed.

It was very yummy!

My beverage was peach tea from a mix.


I plan to remain on the diet until reaching a weight that I'm ok with and, if I reach that, I will definitely have to modify my former eating habits, if I want to maintain the new weight.  I'm seeing an endocrinologist tomorrow as I have a thyroid disease and I'm interested in what she will have to say.  Besides dealing with these extra pounds that added up quickly, I also have hot flashes and sweats that seem uncontrollable.  It would be wonderful if she can address both issues and offer some help.  Perhaps she might also comment on my curly hair.

Thanks for your visits and comments!
I hope you are having an enjoyable day!

xo xo xo

3 comments:

  1. Back in october I started having horrible hot flashes. About every 15 minutes I would go through a cycle of hot flashes then freezing to death. At night it was horrible, sweating so bad I would need to change cloths a couple of times. I started doing some research online about natural cures. Eating foods to make your body produce Progesterone was suggested. Fish was suggested. So I ate salmon on a Thursday and then tuna on Sunday and by Monday morning my hot flashes were gone. I've managed to keep the hot flashes away by eating some type of fish ever 2 or three days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if fish capsules would work in place of eating fish. At some point, fish odor became unbearable for me. I blame it on hormones. Thyroid disease can cause many issues, it's hard to keep track of what the cause is of strange goings on in our aging bodies but a healthy diet has got to be something that will help somehow, along with feeling better with weight loss. Good for you, taking on what needs to be done for a healthier you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It always makes you feel better when you take control of your own issues, doesn't it! Hope the endocrinologist was able to offer some help.

    ReplyDelete