Saturday, March 4, 2017

No Wonder My Hands Hurt!

Hello there to you!
Another week nearly over.
 
Here are a few things I've been working on in the past day or two:
 
My very first treadle sewing:
 
I did the piecing and the quilting on the treadle, then sewed the binding on with the Viking.
I hand-sewed the back of the binding.
 
This afternoon I cut out a stack of over 100 hexie pieces for my GFG
 
Following a tip I read on Quiltville on FB, I attached a piece of this tape to
the back of the template and it was very helpful in
preventing slipping.

After I finished cutting the hexies, I completed three
hand-written notes that I'll mail tomorrow.
***
Our weather this week has been a bit fickle --
 
Early in the week tornadoes passed very close to us
and
on Thursday we had some snow.
 
I think I'll make a cuppa tea and do some reading in a book I've been trying to finish.
 
Y'all have a great night!
xo xo xo

5 comments:

  1. What kind of treadle do you have? I have a White but the bobbin is diabolical so I haven't managed to sew anything with it yet. My grandmother had a singer - just a basic version - but it was thrown out before I could rescue it. That's a terrific tip for your hexie shape. Hand written notes are such a rarity these days that it's a treat to receive one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your treadle sewing. You have indeed been busy...quite a pile of hexies. Hope you enjoyed your cuppa and book x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your treadle work looks great !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see you are sewing and keeping busy. Also happy to hear that the foul weather passed you by.

    ReplyDelete