Sunday, February 5, 2017

The Sun Sets on Sunbonnet Sue

Happy Sunday, Peeps!
 
I honestly didn't intend to go AWOL for almost three weeks.  For some reason I never got back to blog-ville until today.  Some things did come up which got in the way of my blogging.  The other distraction was that I've been doing some heavy-duty house cleaning and that took several days.  Now that's out of the way, I'm finding some time for resting in my chair and being on the 'net now and then.  I do wish that house-cleaning lasted but that's a dream.  Perhaps I will try harder to keep it up though and not allow the dust to settle for too long.
 
I was on Facebook earlier and on one of the quilting groups there was a thread about Sunbonnet Sue quilts.  I've not been a SS fan much but when a friend showed me this pic of a SS quilt I loved it.  I posted this pic on the thread to share with the other quilters.
 
"The Sun Sets on Sunbonnet Sue"
(You can read more about the quilt here.)
 
It's Super Bowl Sunday and John invited a high school buddy and his wife over for some eats and to enjoy watching the game together.  I don't know if the mrs. is a fan but if she's not I suspect we will find other things to talk about.  I'm not much of a sports fan and it doesn't interest me.  I'd prefer to watch a movie or something else actually.  Even the half-time entertainment doesn't interest me.  Rarely is there an entertainer for the show that I care about watching and this year is no different, that's for sure.  I expect the performer will seize the moment to make some political statement which, in my opinion, is completely inappropriate.  The Super Bowl is a sports event, not political. 
There, I've got that off my chest.
 
Because I've been busy with so many other things since my last post, I have nothing new for show & tell.  I haven't had time to sew or knit, although I've been continuing with the hand-piecing of my GFG.  That is such slow sewing so I won't bore you with yet another photo of it.
 
There's some food prep I need to be starting so I'll say 'bye for now and get busy in the kitchen.  I hope your day is a great one.  See you next time!  TTFN
xo xo xo

No comments:

Post a Comment