Saturday, February 18, 2017

Simple Beauty

Oh, the sky is so gray this morning.  What a contrast from yesterday's sunshine.
 
I snapped these sweet little crocuses with my phone yesterday afternoon. 
They have popped up here and there on our front lawn.
 
These are slightly blu-ish.
 
 These are a bit more purple.
 
Definitely, signs of spring.  But, we could have cold weather again, just like that.
 
I'm going to do a little organizing of crafty stuff today and probably some sewing too.
Yesterday I sorted through my embroidery supplies and decided to eliminate some of the counted cross stitch stuff that I'm surely never going to have time to use ever again.  I'm keeping only a few patterns, a bit of cloth, and, of course, all my floss.  The rest is already in a bag to be passed on to someone.  I'm going to check with my sisters and nieces and DILs first.
 
One of my next organizing projects is to tidy up my fabric stash.  All the stacks were once so straight and neat but I've moved them around so much that they're messy.  I do not like the place where I'm keeping them but I don't have a better idea so far.  Maybe something will come to mind.
 
Wishing you a great weekend.
xo xo xo
connie

6 comments:

  1. Love the crocuses. I used to plant them in the yard too, but when I moved here, I didn't anymore. Now I live in a subdivision and and very few people have any flowers other than shrubs the builders plant before they leave! I had my landscaping redone a couple of years ago and told him I want lots of color. I got lots of light lavender and some peach colored shrub roses! So, I've been adding in some mums, some coneflowers, etc! A little at a time!
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Connie - I popped over to visit after reading the comment you left on Robyn's blog (Pidgeon patch). It's nice to meet you - I look forward to flollowing you in blogland!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so pretty and cheerful. Good luck with your destashing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty signs of spring.
    Enjoy your time on your sewing space!
    Happy Crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delightful treasures in the early spring. Good for you, passing on those unused crafty items. Someone else will make good use of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a whole drawer-full of cross stitch stuff that I'll probably never use or finish :(

    ReplyDelete