Saturday, January 7, 2017

Well ................. Grrrrrr

Hello Peeps.
How's your day going?
 
I'm almost over my bug but not 100%.  I felt strong enough to putter around in the sewing room / office / craft room to do a bit of re-organizing of the odds and ends fabric that were stashed here and there.  Like in containers in the guest room, or in the hall closet, etc.  When we moved and I got around to unpacking all the sewing stuff and fabric last winter, I was overwhelmed and did some make-do decisions that I'm now correcting.  If I allow part of it to be out of sight, believe me, it does remain out of mind.  Organization is the best method for me.  I worked until I wore out but I'm 95% of the way toward my goal.  So that's the good stuff for today.
 
Now the disappointment:  I hand stitched several hours yesterday afternoon and evening on the GFG quilt which has been a WIP recently but for a long time was a UFO.  Well, I just noticed this big mistake:  two of the same color flower blocks side by side.  Um, no.  Can't have that!  I'll be ripping later and inserting the correct color block.  If you hand piece, you understand how slow this goes.  Having to leave quarter-inch seam allowances on every piece stitched, then Y-seams on every piece, every edge.  Takes time to do it properly and neatly.  I'm going to approach this as a mere hiccup and keep on stitching.  Sigh.
 

Other than the small section draped behind the chair, this pic shows the progress I'm making.
 
If I had to do over again, I'd NEVER have chosen this line of fabric for this project.  Why I did, I don't remember and it doesn't matter anyway.  I stitched 63 flower blocks and by golly I'm using them.  But I wish I'd chosen thirties reproduction fabric.  Truly.
 
I have some special sewing to get finished very soon.  It's a secret for now but when I can share what it is and for whom it's being made, I will.  It's been set aside temporarily for the holidays but I can't wait to return to that project.
 
Gotta go for now.  Take care!
xo xo xo

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! I need you to come organize me! And I had to look and look to find your mistake!!! I LOVE it!!! I am so glad to be back blogging and reading blogs. Yours has always been my favorite!

    ReplyDelete