Thursday, January 19, 2017

Sweet Land Of Liberty

Hello, dear Peeps and how are you on this Thursday?
Another cloudy and rainy day here in Indiana.
 
In honor of our country's presidential inauguration tomorrow I'm posting this counted cross stitch I did long ago.  Sorry the pic is a wee bit wonky.  Before I got knee-deep into quilting I used to do lots and lots of counted cross stitch.  This framed one hangs in my dining room.

Yesterday and today I spent many hours continuing with organizing & rearranging the storage of my crafting and sewing supplies.  Each time I think of a way to make improvements that will enable keeping like things stored together and making retrieval simpler, I go for it.
 
The cupboard in photo below got a make-over today.  I rarely, if ever, need to use the serger so it's stored up on top and my mascot Mikey rests thereupon.  I love Mikey!
 
The large jar holds most of my pincushion collection.
 and the basket contains chenille fabric.


 
 
John had a birthday this week and here's a snap of the cake I baked for him.  We also went to see a movie and had steaks that he prepared on the grill for dinner.

 
The days are slipping by so quickly.  I never get as much accomplished during the day as I hope to when the morning is just starting and I think about all that I plan to do.  Where does the time go?  It seems that I just do a few things and bingo the day is already half-over.  When I look back to my youth I can remember that the days barely crept by.  Now at the age that I am I am amazed at the difference.  Back then it seemed we had all the time in the world and that the special occasions took forever until they got here.  It felt like we would live an eternity.  From the perspective that I now have it feels like time is passing at warp speed.  It's all in the way we perceive it, I suppose.  It's just that I have so many more things I hope to do and I wonder if I will be able to before my days on earth are over.  Do you have feelings like this too?  I guess I'm just revealing that I'm older now, huh?
 
Well, enough of that stuff! 
 
Not much news to share.  I'll soon be putting a new knitting project on the needles as I finished the red scarf although I still need to weave in the loose yarn tails and probably block it although I don't think it would look bad at all if I skip it.  At night I'm still hexie-piecing.  And the QAYG siggy blocks are still being quilted, a few at time. 
Persistence.
 
Thanks for visiting and I will be back again soon.
xo


2 comments:

  1. Nice treasure cupboard. :) The cake looks delicious! Happy belated birthday to John. And time does fly faster as we age and maybe so because we are having so much fun...time flies when you are having fun, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cupboard. Happy birthday to John! Mine was the nineteenth! My days go by fast too. I think we just have so much we want to do. In my mind, I want to accomplish so much. My granddaughter is very sick right now so I am helping with her. Please keep her in your prayers.

    ReplyDelete