Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Kicking Off The New Year

Hello, Peeps!
 
I'm not much of a NY resolution maker because I pretty much just set myself up for failure if I do so.
But I am trying something new this year.  It's called a bullet journal.  If you haven't heard of them, you can go here, if you wish, to read about them on the web.  Another place to check them out is on Pinterest.
 
I spent hours yesterday preparing my very first bullet journal.  First, I made lists of topics I plan to track and then I wrote the lists in a very inexpensive notebook that has graph paper pages.  I added the months and days and will use colored pencils to mark the boxes. 
 
Here's a snap of one section.  I actually have three sections.  One of the others is for Self Care and the third is for Hobbies and Fun.
 
If I like the layout that I created, I may use a better quality notebook later (or wait until 2018).  I realize my bj is primitive, and isn't pretty and stylish, but since I don't know for sure what else I would want to include, and not having previous experience, I chose to keep it simple and discover over time what my bj may evolve to become.  I am just liking the idea of accountability to myself for how my time is used, and also to see on paper what my tendencies are.
 
Do you keep a bj?
 
Another thing that I did yesterday was start reading on this:
I'm a fan of Jennifer Chiaverini books and have been since reading her first Elm Creek Quilters novel, The Quilter's Apprentice.  It was because of her ECQ novels that I organized a mini-group of quilting friends called the Thursday Quilters.  I recommend this series of novels if you enjoy reading about quilting and quilters.  They are fun reads.  I have re-read many of the books in the series.  I got to meet Jennifer at the Paducah Quilt Show some years ago and bought a book at her booth so she could sign it.  She is a lovely person and a very talented author.  After she completed her ECQ series, she began writing historical novels and hardback copies of each one are included in my collection.  In addition, I have the quilt design & pattern books by her.  I love them all!
 
With Christmas celebrated with the entire family, I removed the Christmas tree and am in process of taking down the very few decorations that I had put out.  I moved the sewing table that was in the corner of the living room over by the front windows where I have more space and was able to add the leaf to the table.  The extra table space is good to have, of course.
 
The skies are gray today - again.  It's been mild temps but colder air is on its way.  It hasn't felt much like true winter yet but I am confident that winter will not be skipped this year.  We have had a few flurries on a couple of days but no snow on the ground so far.  The fog has been present a few days, including last night and this morning.  I would actually prefer driving in snow than in fog.  Fog is very scary for me.
 
I wish you a happy day.  Do take care.  And I'll be back soon.
xo xo xo

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of a Bullet journal. I will check that out. And thanks for visiting my blog! I can't believe the things I have forgotten!

    ReplyDelete