Friday, December 2, 2016

What I've Been Up To

Hello, December!
November was so q.u.i.c.k.!
 
Show & Tell Time
 Here's the first of the siggy blocks after I've quilted them.
 
I plan to do some stitching on the white sections once I finish all the blocks but I don't want to detract from the signatures, etc.  I'm not sure what I'll be doing yet.

 
I'm cutting the batting a bit larger than the backing fabric and the block and using basting spray.  The backing fabrics are chosen to coordinate with the color theme in the blocks and I'm trying to match my threads to the backing.  I'm using the same thread in the bottom as on the top.
 
I just now got these pink and peach color blocks prepared and I'll be quilting them soon.
 
 
 While John watched a college basketball game on TV a few nights ago I got the tree up in the living room.  What a struggle.  First, I had the incorrect tree stand.  Don't ask.  After I figured that out and the three sections of the tree and lights connected, I saw that some of the lights refused to burn.  I did try changing some fuses but that didn't fix it, so I added a few strings of lights in the dark areas.  It looks ok, but it's just not fair -- I paid a nice price for a pre-lit tree!  When this tree gets retired, I'm buying a plain tree since they don't work for more than a couple of years and then have trouble.  Maybe if I had patience (which I don't) and tried (which I don't plan to), I could find a bad bulb or whatever the problem is.  Not happening though. 
 
My grandchildren want to come over to help decorate and that's fine, but they will have to wait a few days as I woke up this morning with a hoarse voice and some drainage.  Don't know if it's allergy or a bug so will wait until I know for sure.  I also woke up with a headache that was not just a mild one that goes away with coffee.
 
I'm having a fun time with quilting the blocks and also with getting comfortable with the Viking machine.  It has some very nice features that my Bernina doesn't and it makes sewing these blocks a little easier.
 
Well, Peeps, I'm going to get back to my sewing machine and sew along to my Christmas music on my iPod.  And probably have some coffee too.  I'm thinking I will make some Caramel Drizzle coffee in my Keurig.  Sounds good, doesn't it.
 
Have a great weekend.
I'll probably be back again soon.
xo xo xo

No comments:

Post a Comment