Thursday, December 8, 2016

Trudy the Treadle

Well, Peeps, gotta' say that it's a bit nippy in the 'hood this evening.
 Brrrrrrrrr
 With that wind chill, it's feeling like winter, finally.
No snow, so far, but I'm confident it's going to happen one of these days.
 
This morning I had planned to do a few errands but I never got out of the house.
My desire to run around turned into a desire to stay indoors.
And here I remain this evening.
Probably going to be a knit and TV night.
 
So, for a little show & tell, here's Trudy, my Singer treadle machine.
 
Trudy was built in 1939 in Elizabeth, NJ, USA.
She's a Model 127 which has the long bobbins and vibrating shuttle.
She has the sphinx decals and they are very good condition.
 




 
I just love her!

I've had her for a number of years but she hasn't been used since I've owned her.  I've decided it's time to get her running again.  I've started cleaning her up and she's looking pretty nice, I think, but I need to do some more cleaning on the base and cabinet.  She is going to get a new belt and bobbin winder tire soon and a new needle.  I can't wait to hear her purr!  I moved her to my living room which is where I am currently set up for sewing on my Viking machine.  The light and space are better there than in our tiny craft / office space.

Since I've been doing some YouTube research on treadles I've discovered that it's possible to do free-motion quilting on the treadle.  Well, that's news to me, and I'm going to see if I can manage that.  First I'll have to find a darning foot for Trudy.  I have some vintage Singer attachments but will have to pull them out to see what's in the boxes.

John has been sick all week.  The NP he saw said he has a sinus infection including both ears and also infection in his lungs, but she said it's not pneumonia.  He had some plans to go visit his daughter who is very ill but had to postpone that until he's well.  We are going to begin binge watching Downton Abbey tonight.  That's the kind of TV watching we usually do, a TV series that I have on DVDs.  In baseball season we watch the Cardinals faithfully but after the season ends, we switch over to some of our collection.  We just binge watched Hell on Wheels.  I also feel a little sad when we complete a series, it's hard to come to the end.  But we will re-watch one day.  We have several series that we love.

Well, the time has come to say good night.
See you soon!
xo xo xo

1 comment:

  1. Hi Connie, so glad to see you again, and thanks for leaving me a comment. Your treadle is gorgeous! I was sewing on mine last week. Any exercise is good, right? LOL!

    ReplyDelete