Saturday, November 26, 2016

Reader's Wrap Completed ~ Now For The Next Project


Good morning, Peeps.  Did you survive Thanksgiving and Black Friday?  I'm not a shopper on Black Friday anymore, although many year ago I did participate.  When it became the zoo that it currently is I stopped going out on BF.  I saw a couple of news reports of violence over parking spaces and a TV.  It's crazy out there and I prefer to remain at home and do my shopping at other times or online.  I have very little shopping to get done so I'm thinking it will be fine.
 
Last month a friend and I went to the yarn shop and I bought enough for about four projects.  The first one was this blue Reader's Wrap.  I knitted one several years ago just like it in an orange tweed to wear during autumn.  I like wearing wraps and shawls for layering so I made another one.  I finished the knitting last night but I have a few yarn tales to hide and then it needs blocked.
The chair in this pic ^^^ is a new find.  A friend listed it on the local online yard sale site and I snagged it.  Later I'll add a better photo.


The measurements in the pattern are 24" x 60".
My wrap is approximately that.
 
This is from Pinterest.
Love it.
 
Yesterday I wrangled the new walking foot I ordered for the Viking machine for QAYG.  Because I put it on the machine incorrectly, I kept getting a message on the screen that there was a problem.  After I watched a YouTube video the problem was solved and now it is just fine.  It works great.  I'm wanting to hurry up and get started.  Patience is NOT my best virtue, not by any stretch.  Honestly.
 
Christmas decorations are going up all over town.  I haven't even gone to the attic to retrieve mine.  I'm not a Debbie Downer but I just don't do much holiday decorating anymore.  I even dread putting up the tree.  I enjoy it once it's decorated, but it's no longer a fun thing to do like it was when I was young.  I probably will get around to doing it this week or next weekend.  Don't misunderstand, I love and enjoy Christmas and all the decorations and stuff, it's just that it's not as easy as it once was.  You know, with all the bending over, reaching, etc.  I'm getting old, Folks!  Ha Ha  :)
 
Wishing you a safe and happy weekend.  'Till next time, TTFN.
xo xo xo

No comments:

Post a Comment