Sunday, November 27, 2016

Finished A Little Quilt

I managed to machine quilt this small quilt today on my home machine.
 
The quilt is square but the pic distorts it a bit into looking like it's not quite square.

I should have found a better place to put it to snap the pics front & back.  I hurried and put it on my sewing task chair.  I used the new walking foot on the Viking machine.  I am really liking this machine and I prefer its walking foot to the Bernina one that I also have.  NOT that I'm not still loving my Bernina.  I do.  And my older mechanical Pfaff that I bought in the early nineties.  I don't want to part with any of them.

Now that I've practiced on this little project, I'm ready to try some QAYG quilt blocks.  I can't wait to see how I do.  I still need more practice on the free-motion quilting but the straight stitching with the walking foot seems like it's going ok.  I'm going to do some quilting on the siggie blocks shown in a previous post as well as begin some larger blocks of homespun for the king size bed quilt that I want to make.  If these go ok, I'll post some pics. 

Thanks for your visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment